|We’re recruiting for an experienced Head of Development to work in a growing Digital Agency who specialise in Mobile App and Web Application builds. Working in this established agency who have achieved year on year growth over the last 6 years by naturally winning new clients through excellent work, this represents a fantastic opportunity for Head of Development experienced in mobile and web app builds to join them as they look to continue growth to the next level.
In this Head of Development role, you would support the team of developers as they build both mobile applications and websites, while leading the technical direction with our clients. There is huge opportunity to develop in this role and grow within this agency. Your personality, drive and team management skills will help you to achieve this!
For this Head of Development role, we are looking for candidates with the following experience: -
* Proven experience of leading a team of software engineers including performance, development, and disciplinary issues.
* Overseeing the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and post release)
* Supporting legacy apps to the same high standard as new apps ensuring new and legacy applications meet quality standards
* Experience using SCRUM or other Agile methodologies.
* Effective management of development team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
* Overseeing the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team, ensure that they are suitable and match best practices
* Writing specifications and architecture plans during the discovery phase of a project
* Helping with development in case of emergencies
* Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team.
* Comfortable liaising with clients in a presales and support capacities
This is a company who have always offered and continue to offer remote working as part of their work. You will however need to be within commuting distance of Manchester City Centre as part of the working week (1 to 2 days) is (usually) spent in the office.
Full benefits package includes: -
* Incredibly flexible working (work when and where you want!)
* Free Office Drink fridge
* Birthdays off
* Team lunches/socials
* Office games
* Private Health/Life insurance options
* Away days
* Competitive holiday allowance
* Christmas shutdown
* Match up to 10% pension contributions
* Annual bonuses
* Training budget - £1000 - to use as you want
This is a great Head of Development opportunity with a growing Mobile App / Web Development agency in Central Manchester. There is real opportunity to build your career as the agency grows further.
For full details on this live role and immediate consideration, please make an application ASAP