|Our Client created the market for online payments for schools and have grown successfully to become the market leading service provider to over 11,000 schools and academies and more than 200 local authorities in the UK.
Our client offers a range of flexible tools that allow schools to save time and money and enable parents across the UK to have control and confidence when dealing with school payment matters for their children.
Theyare seeking exceptional Software Developer to join the Development team.
After receiving training we’ll get you up to speed as soon as possible so that you are able to contribute to the design and improvement of our products and help us extend our already market leading position.
* You will work as part of a cross functional Scrum team alongside enthusiastic and passionate Developers, Business Analysts, Software Testers and UI designers. Working with the team to ensure new and existing functionality is of the highest quality.
* You will be involved in projects from their inception through to delivery. Working with Agile tools, techniques, and best practices like the Three Amigos to improve our products, focussing on delivering high business value features first.
* You will be expected to deliver high quality software meeting the business requirements, working directly with Business Analysts to ensure we create the best solution for customers and our application.
* You will be developing features at all levels of the software stack, including front end user interfaces, APIs and back end. Using a variety of technologies: C# (.NET 4.5) WebAPI, WebForms, Angular, Web Services, Async Services.
* We work within a Continuous Integration development environment and you will be releasing software to test rapidly and releases to production are made every 3 weeks using the scrum process.
* You will be expected to take an active part in all scrum ceremonies including presenting completed work to the wider team at the end of each sprint and contributing to planning and retrospective sessions to make sprints as successful as possible.
* You will need to be able to identify the optimal solution to minimise development time, QA time and change risk, without degrading code quality.
* The Development team takes a pro-active approach to learning with regular knowledge sharing sessions on areas of the application and technologies. You will take part in these sessions and take responsibility for your own self-learning.
* You will also receive regular coaching and mentoring from your team lead and other members of your scrum team to ensure your personal development continues throughout your career.
* You will implement software development best practice through the application of agreed processes whilst maintaining an analytical attitude and looking for opportunities to do things better!
* You have development skills in C#, Java or C++. C# is an advantage but not essential.
* You are highly motivated and proactive, with a positive attitude and desire to complete the sprint and meet the team and business needs.
* You are able to apply precision and attention to detail to all aspects of your work.
* You have an ability to quickly acquire an understanding of existing code and work with this in new development
* You are capable of discussing software requirements and business problems with developers and non-developers. Using technical and non-technical language where appropriate to describe and summarise in a manner that can be understood at all levels.
* 25 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
* Company matched auto enrol pension scheme
* Group life insurance at 4 x annual salary
* Option to join the company private health scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Free car parking on site and easy access to main motorway network within 2 miles of the office
* Flexible working hours