|Why Work for LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Explore our passion for discovery.
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We are adaptable, curious, and ambitious. That is why here, you will have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
Full stack PHP Developer – Mid-level
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is seeking an experienced full stack PHP Developer to join our Cardiff based development teams. Our teams are collaborative, forward thinking, and agile. This role will provide an opportunity to work with a diverse range of products and technology, such as Docker, PHP 7, Laravel, Vuejs and our distributed data solution (HPCC).
* Developing and delivering features across the full stack (including use of modern PHP frameworks, front-end frameworks, HPCC and other tools)
* Contributing to the effective design of new features and solutions
* We will help you learn how to use our big data platform - HPCC - through a combination of training courses, self-learning and peer support
* Contributing to the quality assurance effort, particularly through use of test automation tools (such as Cypress, Cucumber and Postman) and Continuous Integration tools (such as GitLab and Jenkins)
* Providing technical input to our cross-functional agile product development teams
* Working closely with the product owner and project management to deliver timely products and enhancements
* Capable and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge in PHP development skills using modern PHP frameworks (Laravel or similar)
* Experience of front-end frameworks, such as Vuejs or React
* Working experience in an Agile environment
* Good understanding of CI/CD
* Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or similar
* A good understanding of SOA and API concepts, including security
* A strong working knowledge of application development tools and methodologies
What is it like to work here?
Outstanding - you have probably already got a feel for what we do and the technology we are involved with but what is really stands us out from the crowd is our culture. We are an agile, dynamic, and forward-thinking organisation who understands the importance of looking after our staff. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality products, providing our employees with interesting challenges for their personal and career development whilst also striking the right balance between work and family life.
Women in technology:
LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group (RSG) is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 27% of our Technology workforce are women which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
* Mentoring scheme for women in technology
* Women’s network forum
* Regularly run events for schoolgirls about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in tech.
RSG proudly support the Tech Talent Charter