|A leading organsisation with a global reputation require a Azure and Dynamics Development team leader to join this organisations IT Services team. The role will suit someone already in a lead role but consideration will given to those who are looking to make that leap into an leadership role.
This role is for very experienced developers who have gained demonstrable expertise in leading teams and are able to use their experience to play a key role in defining the purpose and managing the performance of their team. The post holder will lead a team responsible for the design and delivery of new and ongoing projects as well as instigating and delivering key engineering improvements.
Provide leadership for the team by both setting the standard personally and ensuring an environment of continual assessment and improvement.
Formal line management of 4 Analyst and Senior Analyst Programmers.
Manage operational activities of development projects, organising resources, attending project meetings and providing planning estimates and updates on progress to project managers and senior stakeholders.
Ensure team members are efficiently allocated to projects and the team are meeting their recovery rate budgets.
Contribute to establishing the strategic direction of the Application Development and Software Solutions groups.
Review and make suggestions for improving Software Solutions development processes and procedures.
Take initiative in identifying opportunities and developing options for clients to get the most out of our platforms and act as an advocate for Software Solutions within the wider organisation
Develop relationships at all levels with other teams internally and across the University to identify and pursue opportunities to broaden the work undertaken.
Communicate development and technical information effectively to senior stakeholders within and outside of IT Services.
Essential Core Competence
· A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle gained over many successfully delivered projects
· The ability to manage, plan and take responsibility for a range of tasks involving interaction with other developers, business analysts, stakeholders and users
· The ability to lead, inspire, and line-manage staff, including holding regular 1-2-1s, conducting PDRs, directing work, planning workloads, dealing with pastoral care issues, and recruitment
· Proven ability to think and plan strategically creating credible business cases for new projects and engineering improvements
Selection Criteria – Technical
Business Platform Team
· Expert knowledge in at least 3 of the following:
ASP .NET MVC
Dynamics 365 Online
Azure web, database and integration products