|A leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We have recently launched our Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predicative Analytics.
Summary of Role:
The role will be to join the existing OI management team, running multiple projects and leading the technical direction of the software development team across offices. OI is split across three offices; Staffordshire, Gloucester and Edinburgh, with management in Staffordshire and Gloucester, as the team and projects are growing it has become apparent a dedicated Principle Engineer is required. Reporting to the OI Business Manager, this role will require previous experience gained in developing software architecture major projects based on control or IT systems to the Power Generation, Water industries or similar. This role will include travel to customer sites and other branch offices. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the development and implementation of a consistent approach to the use of methodologies and tools within the existing quality management system.
Responsible for the technical direction on large projects, or projects that may have strategic importance to the Company, this role will review requirements, shaping and approving specifications through liaison with clients, whilst advising on risks.
Expected to take the lead in ensuring that all projects are properly developed within the Company’s quality management system, including planning and resource management. Will actively champion efficiency and operational improvements. Totally responsible for technical team leadership and mentoring.
* Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
* Minimum of 8 years’ experience of designing software systems
* Regarded as expert in the design and implementation of such systems, acting in a system architect role
* In depth knowledge of the whole software/system development lifecycle, from design through coding to testing and commissioning
* To have acted successfully as Lead Engineer on a range of projects that were delivered on time and to budget
* Demonstrable experience of leadership and mentoring engineering teams
* Ideally to have achieved Chartered Engineer status
* Disciplined and organised
* Respected technically
* Excellent communicator
* Commercial awareness
* Personable with excellent customer facing skills