As a North East-based leading provider of ICT consultancy, solutions and support to national and international organisations, we are always keen to hear from people who want to join our progressive and expert team and forge a career with ITPS.
Clients repeatedly tell us that it’s our people who make it such a pleasure to deal with ITPS and our staff tell us it’s a great place to work too.
We partner with some of the industry’s leading vendors including Microsoft, Cisco, VMware and Lenovo to name just a few.
With defined training and development programmes to support your role, coupled with your enthusiasm, the opportunities to progress your career into specialist areas and consultancy roles are right there for you.
We offer all the benefits you would expect from a forward-thinking company, including:
* flexibility is important to us all - so it’s not a problem if you need to adjust your hours to have time off. We can also vary your start/finish times if an 8.30 am start doesn’t work for you.
* permanent contracts of employment from day one
* 24 days of annual leave per year (rising to 27 after five years,) plus bank holidays
* a 5% employer pension contribution
* free on-site parking, tea and coffee, ITPS branded polo shirts and eye tests
* discounts with Virgin broadband and TV packages, 30% off Vodaphone bills
* let’s not forget a TV, table football and an Xbox to unwind during break times.
We are a sociable, community-minded company too, with plenty of company-funded activities and events going on for those who want to take part.
The purpose and expectations of the role are to:
* Be the first point of escalation for Unified Comms Service and Performance Impacting related events.
* To help deliver, and assure the effective delivery of, projects within the Unified Comms technology area.
* To act as a subject matter expert within the Unified Comms product portfolio.
* To provide Technical Pre-Sales input during the Sales process as required for Unified Comms technologies.
* To report effectively to the UC Team Leader/Project Manager, for any projects that the UC Team Leader and/or Project Manager leads, whilst also helping ensure the Project Managers Reporting and Compliance activities are completed.
* To work with staff within the UC Team, PSD and other Departments to implement improvement initiatives as required.
* Have a broad understanding of all areas of telephony systems including analogue, digital and VoIP Systems.
* Have an understanding of analogue, digital and SIP trunks.
* Have a good understanding of structured cabling including CAT3, CAT5, CAT6 and fibre.
* Have a good level of understanding of Microsoft products including Windows Server and client versions.
* Be able to operate on your own as well as willing to help other team members when needed
* Flexible around working hours and location (as on-call rota working is required)
* Excellent verbal communication and written skills
* Be capable of producing detailed documentation for all work delivered.
* Communicate effectively and professionally at all levels, both internally and externally
* Excellent Customer Service Skills which put the customers’ needs at the forefront of what you do.
* Ability to demonstrate strong commercial awareness and a good technical understanding within a Value-Added Reseller business environment
Have experience of some/all of the following Unified Comms technology vendors.
* Mitel Connect
* Samsung OfficeServ
Be willing to undertake training or already be undertaking study/training in Microsoft Teams