Are you an experienced Solutions Architect with a Development background and a deep understanding of AWS?
If you have a strong Development background and spent at least the last 5 years in a Solutions Architect role this is for you!! This will be a split between home and office based work.
The Solutions Architect is required to design and provide technical support, through the delivery of solutions that meet the requirements of the business, support the IT Strategy, and are aligned with the IT architecture. Architecture considerations include data, applications, infrastructure, integration, interfaces, security, scalability, and performance, as well as product transition and support documentation.
The Solutions Architect will represent projects to the IT governance process, and support stakeholders in representing the project to the broader corporate governance.
In collaboration with other key stakeholders and contributors, the SA will produce the detailed technical sections of architecture documents and artefacts, including code examples required by development teams. Once completed, they will then review these deliverables throughout the development and delivery stages, and be accountable for the outputs being as requested, and fitting with the company and IT Strategy/roadmap.
Key duties and responsibilities:
* Translate business requirements into cost-effective IT solutions, taking into account the complexity of existing IT systems, working with a number of technologies including, but not limited to, Salesforce, Mulesoft, AWS, Drupal, and Microsoft.
* Support the development of the overall IT Strategy, and technical architectural blueprint.
* Analyse enterprise architecture artefacts, and validate the completeness of technical and business requirements for the purpose of designing sound technical solutions and services, highlighting inconsistencies and gaps.
* Develop and ensure compliance to technical architecture standards and policies (across application, integration, data, and security layers), as aligned with enterprise architecture standards and policies.
* Design technical solutions and services to meet business and operational requirements.
* Ensure that technology architecture roadmaps and blueprints are developed, maintained, and integrated within the process of the overall IT Strategy development and technology planning, including service transition.
* Define architectural considerations across data, applications, infrastructure, integration, interfaces, security, scalability, and performance, as well as product transition and support documentation.
* Produce options and, where necessary, conduct feasibility studies, for delivery of the business requirements and key non-functional requirements.
* Estimate the cost of implementing requirements and advising on high risk/high cost/complex solution/service aspects where these could be omitted/reduced, or where requirement change could result in a more cost-effective and lower risk implementation.
* Utilise the overall IT architecture strategy to recommend project delivery approach, typically reuse, package purchase, in-house build, or outsourced build.
* Accountable for the production of system designs, according to agreed design standards and patterns, while taking account of the differing requirements of in-house and outsource development approaches.
* Set functional, non-functional, and architectural acceptance criteria, and evaluate potential products against those criteria.
* Maintain a holistic understanding of technology and services estate, and specific IP.
* Work with the Enterprise Architecture Team, to define and maintain the overall IT architecture, applications portfolio, architecture vision, and design patterns, and promote these within IT, and to the business.
* Provide consultancy services to the business teams, to help the business maximise the capability from current and future IT technologies.
* Track and understand emerging technologies. and advise on the use of them while developing solution designs.
* Provide consultancy services to IT functions in customer groups, to support their technical queries.
* Understanding of Salesforce CRM.
* Deep understanding of AWS components and product features.
* Microsoft technologies (Azure, O365, SharePoint, Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS) and .Net architectures.
* Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL database technologies.
* Drupal content management system.
* Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket).
* Knowledge of agile ways of working, specifically scaled agile (SAFe).
* Knowledge of service management best-practice, based on ITIL V3