|Head of IT Professional Services who has an IT Programme Manager / Project Manager background with excellent team management and leadership skills and proven experience of planning project timelines, goals and deliverables is required by Mirus IT Solutions.
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Excellent Benefits (See Below)
LOCATION: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
IS THIS YOU?
* Are you passionate about IT Projects and managing the full lifecycle for these with exciting companies?
* Do you want to manage highly technical engineers on exciting projects?
If you answered ‘YES’ to the above, then the Head of IT Professional Services position with Mirus IT is the perfect position for you.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Head of IT Professional Services who has an IT Programme Manager / Project Manager background with excellent team management and leadership skills and proven experience of planning project timelines, goals and deliverables.
Working as the Head of IT Professional Services you will manage the Professional Services Team within Mirus IT to ensure the team at Mirus is recognised both internally and externally as an industry leader for their technical skills, attention to detail and approach to project delivery. The team consists of an IT Strategy Consultant, a Project Manager, two Senior Project Solutions Engineers, three Project Solutions Engineers and three Pre-sales Solutions Engineers.
As the Head of IT Professional Services, you will plan and implement improvements as well as lead the projects and pre-sales function through the complete project life cycle regularly reviewing the processes and streamlining projects to maximise both use of resource and cost.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Director and working closely with the Sales Director, you will be responsible for:
* Completing pre-sales activity to support the sales team in winning new business
* Completing day to day project management, in line with the Mirus project delivery approach
* Assisting the Business Development Manager/Client Manager as required in prospective client and existing client meetings
* Continuously reviewing and improving the overall project management processes
* Developing and managing all KPI’s relating to professional services within the business
* Providing strategic guidance on the professional services approach and future development
* Providing cover for the Project Manager through planned and unplanned absence
* Identifying and trialling new services and products which are suitable for the Mirus customer base
* Actioning regular 1-2-1’s with all direct reports
* Supporting colleague’s development to enable them to resolve issues confidently and effectively
For this, you will have:
IT PROJECT EXPERIENCE
* An understanding of full life cycle project management
* Clear understanding of project scope, goals and deliverables
* Proven experience of planning project timelines
* Proven experience of delivering efficiency improvements as a departmental head
MANAGEMENT & TEAM LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
* Team management and supervision i.e. conducting regular appraisals, setting objectives, performance management, mentoring and coaching
* Experience of managing a team of technical project engineers and project managers
* Experience of reporting to a Senior Management team on delivery, utilisation, cost and resourcing
* ConnectWise experience
* Prince 2 methodology
ABOUT MIRUS IT
Mirus IT is a business computer services company based in Milton Keynes founded in 2002. The focus of Mirus IT to provide IT support in London, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas.
As a successful candidate, you will be part of a committed IT Services company providing high quality IT services. The aim is to provide the level of support a business would expect to receive from an internal IT team.
In 2019, Mirus IT was acquired by the IT Lab group and now forms a key part of this group operating as the SME centre of excellence, providing exceptional IT support and professional services to the SME market.
As a services business we do not have a product to sell, the key to our success is the service that is delivered and therefore the people that deliver it:
- Contributory pension scheme
- A tailored professional and personal development plan
- Receive up to 10 days training per annum, relevant to your position
- When you join Mirus you will get your pick of our amazing benefits from Perkbox
- Partner discounts
- Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that Mirus offer called EASE from Westfield Health
- Free yearly flu jab funded by Mirus
- Free financial wellbeing advice and competitive loans through the Neyber platform
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Discounted personal Costco membership
- Mtech scheme (technology loans on discounted IT products)
- Free on-site gym
- Free fruit
- Work in attractive office space with plenty of free parking – The Mirus office has: Pool, darts, ping pong, foosball table, American diner and think pods for those quiet times - Take a look around on our website
- The opportunity to take part in our regular events and activities outside of work. These are for charity and for fun. Check out the Mirus blog to see what we have been up to
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P5542
This job is being advertised by AWD online on behalf of Mirus IT Solutions
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online