|Job Title: IT Graduate
Location: Greenock, UK
Orion Group's client is a market leader in their field. With multiple sites across the UK, our client operates in a fast-paced environment and as a result, they are now looking to hire an IT Applications Graduate, based at their Greenock site.
About the Role
* The role is one in developing and maintaining application systems in support of manufacturing at the site.
* Central to the role will be developing, enhancing and maintaining applications which control manufacturing equipment at the site and which interact with other manufacturing applications involved in ensuring the site creates quality product.
* The role will also involve developing, maintaining and supporting other application systems in support of the site.
* IT related degree with at least a 2:1 grade is highly desirable
* 0-2 year's experience
* Good programming skills preferably in a dynamic / scripting language
* Experience of the use of a relational database system
* Good diagnostic and problem solving skills
* Good communication skills to be able to interact with process engineers, maintenance and manufacturing technicians in addition to other IT staff
* A desire to work in a demanding manufacturing environment
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment