|3rd Line Support Engineer (MUST have SC Clearance) – Corsham/Farnborough
3rd Line Support Engineer required on a permanent basis for a rapidly expanding business based in Wiltshire. This particular position will initially be based in Corsham within a large data centre and then will be transferred to Farnborough from September 2020. Despite the recent impact COVID-19 has had to businesses, this organisation are continuing to expand and recruit. As a 3rd Line Support Engineer, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Basic salary of up to £40,000 (Dependant on Experience)
• Pension Scheme (5%)
• Flexible Working
• Excellent Support and Career Progression Opportunities
• Travel and Hotels will be expensed for time spent in Corsham.
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of but will not be limited to:
• Single point of contact for customer requests via telephone and e-mails.
• Taking ownership of Incidents and Service Requests through to resolution, ensuring that tickets which cannot be resolved are escalated to the suitable department.
• Troubleshoot desktop, network and system problems and resolving in accordance with the agreed SLA's.
• Ensure a very high level of customer service and that customers are kept regularly updated.
• Create, maintain and update necessary Support documentation (LLDs and Work Instruction Maintenance)
• Proactively contribute towards support activities within the Data Centre.
• Provide Support to Junior Support Engineers within your team.
• Must be prepared to travel to customer sites where required.
As a 3rd Line Support Engineer, you must have the following technical skills:
• MUST be SC Cleared.
• Previous experience within a Support function, preferably an MSP but end user is also acceptable.
• Demonstrable experience and awareness of ITIL principles (Ideally ITIL certified).
• Server Support experience (Ideally Dell and Microsoft Windows Servers).
• Switching/Routing experience (Cisco or Juniper).
• Strong understanding of Network Security/Firewalls (Ideally Cisco ASA)
In terms of certifications, it would be nice if you had one or more of the following:
• Microsoft MCSE/MCSA
• Cisco CCNA
• VMware VCP-DCV
• Juniper JCNIA
• Cisco CCNP
If you are interested in the 3rd Line Support Engineer vacancy, please click apply below for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch