|Job Title: Process Improvement/Business Intelligence Manager
A key member of the IT Management team, the IT Process Improvement/Business Intelligence Manager will work cross-functionally to provide, maintain and update end-to-end business intelligence solutions to meet the needs of the Company, including data warehouse, business intelligence management and reporting plus integrated data provision to head office. Using data intelligence and automation tools, s/he will ensure data integrity, deliver new and innovative insights into the data, and help drive improvements in business decision making and business processes, including process simplification and automation.
Key measures for the role include high customer satisfaction, currency and quality of data and BI landscape applications, fast, successful and smooth delivery of BI systems/services/applications changes, innovative ideas on data presentation, processing and usage, and overall business impact made through process simplification/automation.
This is an office based role. Due to the nature of the role, there is a need for flexibility and the ability to adapt quickly to changes. This could include call-out and out of hours working if required. The IT Process Improvement/Business Intelligence Manager will be expected to represent IT in cross-functional teams on projects as and when required; and may be required to provide holiday cover for other members of the IT team.
Reports to: IT Director Number of Reports: 3 (direct), plus project staff as required
* Contribute to the IT business intelligence strategy, architectural direction and roadmaps; keeping up to date with market developments in data presentation and decisioning, robotics and process automation, and pro-actively suggesting how best to incorporate such developments into the Company roadmaps
* Ensure smooth running of day to day operational BI and process automation services, through:
* Day-to-day management of the BI suite of tools, including data quality in the data warehouse, BI/data warehouse reporting, centralised reporting and robotic process automation (RPA)
* Providing second line applications support for relevant incidents raised, including investigation of any data quality issues
* Identifying any underlying problems in the BI or process automation landscape (applications or data) and work with the IT team and business stakeholders to resolve them
* Scheduling, testing and delivering point upgrades of BI and RPA tools/functionality
* Building and maintaining excellent operational relationships with stakeholders, relevant 3rd party suppliers, and contacts in Company headquarters
* Promote changes to the in-scope applications and processes to improve insights that can be gained from the data, or process improvements, including:
* Identify and understand business drivers or requirements which will benefit from/need BI change, and/or opportunities to apply new or updated BI toolsets/technology to deliver wider business benefits, working with the Change/Portfolio Manager to recommend an overall programme plan and schedule of prioritised BI projects/changes
* Work proactively in order to identify business processes that may be improved, in terms of efficiency, accuracy, data quality, speed or risk mitigation. Document, recommend and implement improvements according to an agreed prioritised roadmap; ensuring that solutions remain compliant with internal and market regulations, and are properly monitored from a risk perspective. Where appropriate, recommend and help prioritise changes to applications which will deliver process efficiency, or propose new applications which would do so
* Ensure security, confidentiality and integrity of data is maintained in all BI applications and through any process automations/simplification
* Work with the IT Services Manager to establish service levels for new or changed BI/RPA systems/services/applications.
* Ensure quality process, applications and systems documentation is provided and/or updated as a result of any IT-initiated change to the BI/RPA platforms or business processes
* Negotiate contracts on BI/RPA projects/development work and/or initial BI/RPA service set-up with new and existing suppliers
* Manage the IT BI team effectively, by:
1. Ensuring appropriate levels of internal staff and 3rd party coverage to manage operations and changes to the BI and RPA applications landscape in 24x7x364 operations
2. Recruitment, appraisal, personal and professional development and line management of IT PI/BI Team staff
3. Regular review of marketplace and recommendations on required staffing levels and forthcoming skills/knowledge requirements
* This is a hands-on role, requiring experience of data warehousing architecture, design, technologies, techniques and toolsets, with an excellent understanding of IT BI applications and services.
* A technical IT background is required, ideally in the financial services/automotive sector; with knowledge of relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Greenplum), ETL tools (Data Academy), SQL/PL-SQL/SSRS/SSIS, and reporting/visualisation tools such as Business Objects, Qlik, Tableau and/or PanIntelligence.
* Good understanding of process documentation and improvement techniques
* Appreciation of robotic process automation tools (e.g. UIPath, BluePrism) is required, with practical experience considered an advantage.
* Self-motivated with good problem solving and analytical skills, able to spot trends, opportunities and anomalies and work pro-actively to address them
* Good understanding of IT project management and ITIL best practice - ITIL Foundation qualification would be an advantage
* Ideally degree educated
* Up to £55K - Basic annual gross salary;
* Company car scheme - Annual equivalent of £2600 should the candidate elect not to opt into the company car scheme. If they do wish to, they will be subject to monthly contribution fees and deductions based on the tax bracket/ value of the car (Benefit in Kind);
* Private medical health through BUPA - Alternatively if they choose not to go into the scheme, they will receive a monthly payment in lieu of the benefit. (Rate to be confirmed);
* Contract: permanent full-time. Location: Slough