|HMRC is the UK's tax authority, responsible for funding all of our public services including the NHS, schools, roads, emergency services and more.
We are recruiting for a Lead Product Manager to work in our Shipley office, moving to Leeds by the end of 2020.
The Multi-channel Digital Tax Platform (MDTP) is an award-winning Platform as a Service (PaaS) which hosts all of HMRCs Digital Services. The Platform is built and run by teams of DevOps engineers, each working on delivering a specific set of functions to our end users. The teams are fully agile, and work with a Product Owner and Delivery Lead to ensure continuous delivery.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Coaching the team in agile and lean practices.
2. Give direction on which tools and methods to use.
3. Translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs
4. Implement best practice in new product/service development
5. Assessing the backlog of work and prioritising this for the team.
6. Working with other Platform Teams to enable close collaboration and agree a Platform Roadmap of Platform priorities.
7. Agree Statements of Work with suppliers on a six week basis.
8. Work to recruit & retain permanent staff in order to gradually replace contractors across all disciplines.
9. Underpin the delivery and iteration of digital services through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative user data.
You will need the following experience:
* A proven track record of delivery and ongoing ownership/management of high-quality digital products, including management of live service change and support of customer-facing services.
* Capturing and translating user needs into deliverables, writing stories and acceptance criteria
* Defining the minimum viable product and making decisions about priorities
* Getting to grips with technical concepts and products both within your own tech stack and across the platform. You don’t have to be technical but you do need to understand what your team is doing and how they intend to do it.
HMRC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation