|IT Systems Support Engineer Derby, East Midlands Salary: £27,000 to £29,000 (Negotiable) Full Time Role: Excellent Hours! (7.30 - 4.15 Mon -Thurs, 7.30 - 12.00 Fri)
Our Derby based Engineering sector client provides high quality products and services to the global aerospace and turbo-machinery industries. This organisation has a new vacancy for an IT Systems Support Engineer to join their team. This is a crucial role within the organisation, with varied duties that cover the following:
* Providing support for all users and equipment within the computing environment.
* Troubleshooting problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
* To "Install, diagnose, repair, maintain, and upgrade all PC, Server, Network and Telephone equipment to ensure optimal system performance."
* Work with Senior Managers to develop and implement required Company IT policies and procedures.
* Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of computer and/or Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of computer, server, network and telephone problems, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
* Install, configure, test, maintain and support, monitor, and troubleshoot hardware and software.
* Constantly assess the need for IT upgrades, including the installation of computer, server and network components.
* Windows Server Installation and Maintenance:
Windows Server 2008R2, 2016, 2019, Hyper-V Server 2016 User account creation, maintenance, and troubleshooting Active Directory, Group Policies and Security WSUS DHCP DNS Veeam Backup pfSense Proxy Symantec Endpoint Protection AV
* Windows Desktop Installation and maintenance: Windows XP,7,10
* Sage 50 Accounting
* OrCAD & PADS
* Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0, Sharepoint 2013 Foundation - Migration from WSS3.0 to above (Enable replacement - EOL 2023)
* MS Office 2007, 2010, Office365, Office 2019
* Provide support by responding to incoming calls, e-mails, and/or ticket system regarding problems.
* Installation, termination and testing of cabling (CAT 5e/6a).
* Maintain an inventory of all IT equipment.
* Maintain Norstar Meridian PBX Telephone System / VOIP replacement implementation.
* Accurately document instances of desktop, server and network equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
* Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future infrastructure demands.
* Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, desktop hardware servers, and related products.
* Backup monitoring and verification.
* Network management (configuration of LAN, VLANs, Switches, Routers, Servers) - HP / Mikrotek / ZyWall / 3COM
* Assist, implement and maintain strategies and solutions to secure the company’s IT infrastructure.
* Excellent understanding of Windows and Windows Server operating systems.
* Good understanding of Computer Networking.
* Cabling skills.
* Technically sound.
* Friendly and personable appearance / Excellent communicator / Reliable and punctual / Diligent / Able to work with minimal supervision