|FRONT END DEVELOPER
We are looking for a suitably qualified Front-end developer to join our clients growing IT team. You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of their web applications. You should be able to translate company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a web development professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive, customer facing, digital environment for our company, ensuring great user experience.
Role and Responsibilities
• Use a combination of mark-up languages to create user-friendly web pages
• Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
• Maintain, enhance and improve websites
• Optimize applications for maximum speed
• Design mobile-based features
• Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
• Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
• Write functional requirement documents and guides
• Create quality mock ups and prototypes on tight timelines
• Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
• Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and trends
• Write functional requirement documents and specifications
• Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
• Hands on experience with markup languages
• Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
• In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development etc)
• Understanding of layout aesthetics
• Knowledge of SEO principles
• Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
• An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
Knowledge and Skills
• Ideally Qualified to degree level (or equivalent)
• The ability to deliver consistent excellent service and results.
• To be confident and able to effectively build relationships with customers and stakeholders.
• To be able to work to the highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Maintaining clients corporate identity
• Good level of communication verbally and written.
• To have a proactive approach to problem solving and a ‘can do attitude’ to work.
• The ability to see the ‘bigger picture’ and the consequences of actions/changes.
• Can work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience of using a server-side LAMP stack.
• Procedural/object orientated PHP
• mySQL database design/implementation
• Experience in, and understanding of development/staging/production environments
• Front end
o Js frameworks such as react and node
o Front end frameworks such as bootstrap
o Responsive design and skills - cross browser and device
• REST API Experience
• Version control systems experience
Nice to have:
• Domain management with virtualmin/webmin or similar
• Comfortable with Linux shell
Hours and Place of Work
08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday
Ecclesfield, North Sheffield