|We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to go from strength to strength both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented career minded individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre leading up our critical Technical Support function.
The position is accountable for the operational delivery, development, management and leadership of the centralised and offshore support teams providing second, third and fourth line support including subject matter experts in key fields maintaining and developing a wide range of Infrastructures and operational delivery models in order to deliver service excellence.
This role is responsible for managing teams based in the UK and matrix management Offshore, so travel may be required however the role will predominantly be based in the midlands.
* Management & Leadership of the UK Data Centre Technical Support Management & Service Governance teams ensuring effective service delivery.
* Definition and drive of continuous service improvement plans that ensure capacity, sustainability and efficiencies in delivery are effective enabling improved levels of customer satisfaction.
* Act as the primary escalation point for any technical operational issues related to the service
* Energy, Drive and Leadership of management teams ensuring empowerment, development and succession planning are at the forefront enabling the great people we have at SCC to develop the careers they deserve.
* Providing leadership, mentoring and service ownership to offshore management and technical teams members where required.
* Directly interact with clients, service delivery managers, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties in the delivery of good practice service delivery as required.
* Build and nurture strong effective relationships with all departments the SCC Services business ensuring collaboration and support continues to drive the strong bonds formed.
* Perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by Data Centre Services division allowing the department to grow and provide further opportunities for development.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
* Senior level IT Management with leadership experience within a Data Centre/Service provider environment delivering services to multiple customer
* Experience and exposure to large scale operational delivery teams
* Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure and look to drive service evolution at every opportunity ensuring people, process and technology are used effectively.
* Experience of developing teams and delivering a continual service improvement
* Experience of working with and matrix management of offshore technical delivery teams
* Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance to large technical teams in good practice IT operations delivery.
* Excellent Interpersonal and effective communication skills from Engineer to Senior Executive
* Ability to disseminate the right level of technical, solution and service information intended for the correct audience
* Good understanding of a wide range of technologies and Infrastructure principles
* Commitment to deliver and exceed business & customers’ expectations
* ITIL knowledge/ accreditation specializing around operational technical delivery