|Huntswood are recruiting for a DevOps Manager to the coordination, planning, drive, oversight and delivery of operational excellence. Lead the delivery of the infrastructure operations, service and additionally specific projects as agreed by the Technology Management Team covering Huntswood sites and integration with Client’s (as required).
Duties will include;
• Lead and coach the agile and collaborative approaches to delivery and continuous improvement culture. Enable and drive the wider team to be more self-organising and cross-functional.
• Where beneficial drive continuous improvement of on-premise, co-location and cloud-based services with collaborative decision making around costs and options
• Act as a guide and mentor for team members and take responsibility for the delivery of the team’s output, provide direction and evangelize DevOps practices and methodologies
• Ensure high-levels of customer service and oversee and co-ordinate the maintenance of the Technology estate (inc. desktop, laptops, networks, servers etc…) ensuring that operational excellence is maintained
• Liaise with and manage 3rd party support companies to ensure the stability of the Technology Infrastructure and ensuring lights on 24x7
• Provide expertise and technical support to business and Technology lead projects/new initiatives including forecasting demand and balancing BAU activities vs project demand
• Effectively manage incidents, problems and change and escalate as appropriate and provide visible MI to enable the analysis, reporting and understanding of performance
• Ensure the introduction of new and modified services occur in a planned, controlled and timely manner and design/implementation concepts and plans are reviewed, documented and approved
• On a pro-active basis contribute to the Technology department’s processes for change quality, productivity and pace.
• Provide oversight in ensuring relevant configuration and release management procedures are maintained and applied as a matter of operational excellence
• Ensure the Technology Operations function has the right environments and automation to maximise efficiency. • Oversee the packaging of change releases to the right and repeatable quality.
• Work with project sponsors and their teams to define the DevOps, Infrastructure and Technology Service User Stories and Quality / Test approaches.
• Continue to review and improve the technology solution or knowledge base allowing issues to be fixed on first touch and minimising client downtime.
• Establish the systems environment by designing systems, configuring, directing system installations, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards to provide products and services with more efficiency, lower risk and reduced customer impact
• Maximizing systems performance by monitoring, troubleshooting problems and outages to ensure operational excellence. Analysing and tracking trends and ensure solution remains fit for purpose
• Identify opportunities to improve overall performance through training or technical enhancements, and automation of processes
• Track adherence to Technology Policies, Processes & Procedures to ensure changes conform and where risks or quality gaps exist notify the respective Technology Management.
• Maintain Huntswood’s computing facilities following Huntswood’s change management process including hardware and software installations, upgrades and patching.
• Ensure Huntswood’s computing facilities are kept secure to reduce the risk of breaches of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a results driven, self-starter • Experience of being accountable for live infrastructure services and 24*7 support • Experience as a DevOps manager in an infrastructure focussed team • Agile / Scrum / SAFe certification • Strong verbal communication skills, and an ability to lead stakeholders of all levels in an Agile / Scrum based approach • An ability to develop an understanding of user needs/requirements. • A strong focus on managing change within technology ensuring that cultural and behaviour change are understood and managed. • Ensure benefits can be measured and realised • Flexibility to be able to work in an environment of continuous change/ambiguity (including priority changes) will be required • Ability to assess and improve operational policy, process & procedure. • An investigative nature and logical approach to problem solving and ability/tenacity to drive issues to conclusion • Effective time management and organisation skills and keen attention to detail • A willingness to travel throughout the UK as directed by the Head of Technology Operations • Broad technology background with breadth of Technology Operations services and projects including: scaling, availability, fault tolerance, scripting, automation, orchestration, version, build & deploy tools • Management of appropriate Collaboration tools such as Jira or Microsoft alternatives
To work with Huntswood’s employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
• Confidential, reliable and genuine • Dynamic, passionate and determined • Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special