The successful candidate will have experience working to project plans, KPIs & SLAs and will have experience working with IT Service Management systems to log tickets, communicate with customers and track all of their time. The work will be varied and challenging, working with varying server / network setups and processes. Being part of a close-knit team will enable the successful candidate to develop their skills at a fast pace and settle into a long career with a successful fast growing company. Exposure to cloud, hybrid, co-lo and on-prem technologies will be part of the role, the successful candidate will grow their career at an accelerated pace.
Operational Experience Requirements
* Experience working for a managed service provider or IT outsourcing company * Experience working independently on technical migrations and installations * Experience working as part of a busy team and keeping a constant dialogue flowing * Experience working at customer sites and liaising with high-level executives * Able to follow defined processes such as Change Management & Knowledge Management * Knowledge of industry standard best practice for projects and implementations * A commitment to knowledge sharing and clear, detailed documentation * Can work to strict SLAs, project plans and KPIs * Welcoming, personable, articulate, literate, conscientious * Able to converse with all levels of colleagues, confidently and honestly, being able to ask for help and discuss ideas and techniques. * The ability to explain technical concepts in lay terms, politely. * The ability to multi-task and manage time under pressure * Excellent telephone manner, polite and professional face-to-face presentation * Knowledge of ITIL & Microsoft best practise and project management experience * Should be able to work independently and own projects but always be effectively communicating in a team environment.
Technical Skills and Experience required
* Core skills: strong background skills and experience on networking TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS. -Must
* Server: Comprehensive knowledge of working in an MS Server 2008, 2012, 2016 environments and technologies. - Must
* Exchange: Good working knowledge of installing, administrating, supporting & migrating MS Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016. - Must
* Remote Desktop Services: experienced at implementing and maintaining RDS, brokers, gateways and RemoteApp. Specific experience with managing printing in remote desktop environments (2016, 2012R2 and 2008R2). Should be able to implement and troubleshoot single sign on. –
* AD: Comprehensive knowledge of installing, migrating & administrating Active Directory. NLB & DFS advantageous.
* Citrix and Netscaler: experience implementing and maintaining Citrix environments above 6.5.
* Azure: experience implementing, configuring and migrating to Azure required. Azure Qualifications advantageous.
* Virtualization: strong knowledge of working with hypervisor environments both VMWare and Hyper-V, Hyper-V clustering knowledge a plus.
* DNS: experience, including different types of DNS records and how to troubleshoot local and global DNS issues, create A records & MX records. SPF/DKIM, BIND knowledge advantageous. * Mail flow troubleshooting experience; email routes over the internet and via third party filters, creating SPF records.
* Experience configuring, migrating to and managing standard and hybrid Office 365 environments. ADFS/ Dirsync knowledge a plus. Office 365 Qualifications advantageous.
* Comprehensive knowledge of troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, 10 on a domain, including imaging, GPO and scripts.
* Good knowledge of troubleshooting network issues (TCP/IP) and identifying points of failure, configuring and troubleshooting IPsec VPNs using multiple routers & creating VLANs, configuring managed switches and firewalls.
* Experience liaising with third party ISPs to resolve internet outages or troubleshooting WAN v LAN issues.
* Experience migrating file servers, user profiles and other data.
* Experience with deploying multiple DHCP servers with multiple scopes across multiple sites.
* Experience escalating to and working with hardware and software manufacturers, e.g. Microsoft, VMWare, HP, Nimble, Datto.
For more information on both contract and permanent roles via aap3, industry news and updates, check out our brand new website, follow our aap3 Recruitment page on Linkedin and follow us on twitter @aap3recruitment