* Takes responsibility to work with the project teams to methodically investigate, analyse, review and define integration service requirements in line with business needs.
* Apply, and continuously improve, the service design standards and modelling processes. Supports the solution architects and the CTO in defining the services which are used by projects to meet the requirements.
* Support the Architecture function in gathering the non-volume related and non-functional requirements (ie system uptime, performance, etc) of the services Co-ordinating service requirements across multiple projects simultaneously, managing the multiple delivery dates to ensure that the services are delivered and available to the projects ahead of time.
* Ensure business requirements are met in relation to the integration services which are being used, the volume of transactions being processed and the timeliness of the processing.
* Document the service contract parameters which will form the basis of the service sla's.
* Support the testing team through the process of testing new, modified and reused services in conjunction with project testing.
* Contributes to post-implementation reviews to incorporate learnings into future work.
* Occasionally undertakes project management activities with regards to the development or modification of services when requested, this includes producing the required documentation and management of risks and budget.
* Methods and techniques for implementing integration services and the reuse of services within a large organisation.
* Techniques for modelling integration services and developing the service contract sla's. All stages in the project lifecycle and how to manage the delivery of services through each stage.
* How to take advantage of every opportunity to communicate relevant information, remaining mindful of the audience.
* In depth knowledge of Service Orientated Architecture within a retail model is desirable.
* Experience in writing Service Orientated Architecture service designs and contracts is desirable.
* Knowledge of service virtualisation and continuous integration is desirable.
* Good analytical skills and techniques (including knowledge of analytical methods, techniques and tools.
* An ability to quickly acquire an understanding of the project requirements and identify practical solutions weighing up the risks and benefits.
* Good stakeholder management skills and proven experience in dealing with project managers, determining requirements and priorities as well as resolving issues.
* Demonstrates a strong awareness of the uses of technology within the retail industry. High level understanding of the use of integration services within the retail industry and the benefits which are realised from the use of integration services.
* How to remain positive when faced with set backs and continue to work towards a solution.
* An understanding of the impact of decisions and how to review the decisions as required. Resources available to me Product Owners and Architects Integration Engineers Domain Architect for escalatioWhat decisions I can make Recommendation to Domain Architect on suitability of sign-off of relevant key deliverables for the project