|Job Title: Cyber Research Manager
Salary: £53,000 annum dependent on experience
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
An exceptional opportunity has now become available to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Cyber Research Manager to be based at their site in Chelmsford, Essex.
The company work at the cutting edge of technology creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in more than 100 countries. Using a unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes they help nations, governments and businesses around the world to defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation and transform their operations.
The role of Cyber Research Manager will join the Enterprise IT Services team who are vital in delivering some of Applied Intelligence’s key project. You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality, innovative bids and the delivery of projects to quality, time and budget. You will also be responsible for the development and management of the scientific and engineering team in the cyber research domain.
* Leading a team of engineers to execute projects for customers, ensuring that we deliver on our commitments to customers
* Planning resources and management, forecasting of prospects and delivery of monthly orders, sales and margin against in line with the forecast
* Developing new business opportunities and timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids
* Developing the strategy for the cyber group in line with the wider business strategy
* Developing and maintaining key business relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and external institutions
* Promoting the technical excellence through generation of patents, Chairman’s awards and external publicity in scientific journals
* Competitive salary up to £53,000 per annum
* Enhanced Pension scheme
* 25 holiday days plus bank holidays (ability to exchange holiday)
* Shared Incentive Plan
* Flexible working
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
* Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
* Travel and Dental Insurance
* Masters level qualification or equivalent experience in the following – Computer Science, Maths, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Cryptography or Cyber Security
* Solid grounding in engineering with significant experience in a technology based environment, managing project teams working on complex, multi-disciplinary projects
* Ability to assess and understand the impact of emerging technologies and competitors to achieve business advantage
* Understanding of key cyber technologies and their application to Cyber Defence and Situational Awareness, including current Cyber state of the art within UK Government and Defence
* Systems engineering understanding necessary to decompose complex systems
* The ability to undertake technology development and develop concept demonstrators on behalf of customers
* Experience of requirement definition from multiple conflicting sources
* You will be a proactive and forward- thinking worker, able to motivate both yourself and the team using your strong leadership and organisational skills to manage complex workloads, ensuring the highest standards at all times.
* You will have excellent communication skills and retain the ability to work closely with the customer and stakeholders at a senior level.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations