|Rare opportunity to join my client who has been established for over 25 years and leads the field within their sector within their Bournemouth office as the Web Designer / UX Designer.
Salary is £24,000 – £28,000 DOE,
My client is searching for an experienced, talented web designer to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding business. Specialising in the production of cutting edge, innovative solutions for the Meetings & Events Market.
The successful candidate will have an eye for clean, efficient interface design and a good understanding of usability to help improve UX in new and existing applications. Reporting directly to the Strategic Development Director, you will work primarily to transform customer and business requirements into prototype designs for various applications, using the latest technologies whilst working in an environment that is fun and hardworking.
The successful candidate will receive a generous basic salary which will be reviewed after the successful completion of the probation period and will be eligible for company benefits including the pension scheme.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to) the following:
* Deliver a complete or a required set of web pages in a graphical format to a high quality, clean and modern standards
* Provide a wireframe site/user flow with a navigational structure based on requirements
* Prioritise incoming requests from email and/or ticketing system
* Work closely with the software development teams providing the required layouts and content to recreate design concepts as accurately as possible
* Maintain & expand existing skills
* Communicate with clients
* Liaise with internal departments to interpret business and technical requirements
* Good communication and team working skills
* “Can do” attitude, flexible and self-motivated
To be considered for the role you should:
Be educated to degree level or equivalent within a compute related discipline or have quality experience to be able to demonstrate a depth of knowledge that demonstrates a degree level of competence.
Essential Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* 2+ years experience as web designer
* Demonstrable graphic design skills (a portfolio of previous work will be required)
* Experience creating wireframes, user workflows and sitemaps
* Ability to solve problems in a creative and effective way
* Good understanding of usability
Desirable Skills & Experience:
* Pages optimization / performance
* Responsive and mobile design
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Knowledge of third party content management systems(WordPress,
* Excellent skills in graphic designer tools (Photoshop / Illustrator…)
* HTML5 markup Joomla, etc…)
* All employees have the option to join the work place Pension scheme with rewards for length of service
* 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays with option to buy an additional 10 days leave
* After 2 years’ service, employees are awarded an additional day’s leave every year up to 5 days additional leave
* Various salary sacrifice schemes available, including a Cycle to work scheme
* Lifestyle benefits and discounts schemes
* Monday to Friday 8.45am-5.30pm hours