|NETWORK ENGINEER (CISCO CCNP OR CCNA QUALIFIED)
Here is an exciting opportunity to join our client, a leader in Technology and Solutions, Connectivity, Machine to Machine and Internet of Things. Ideally, we are seeking a Network Engineer who is Cisco CCNP or above in Routing and Switching. However, a strong CCNA candidate will be considered.
The role reports to the Network Manager and has overall responsibility for daily and out of hours monitoring, maintenance and development of the company’s network and associated services. This role also requires interaction with customers and partners, in order to establish and maintain technical links between the company and these organizations
• Daily monitoring of all of the company’s Network Services.
• Provide second line support to customers via the Help Desk Ticketing System.
• Liaise with customers and Mobile Network Operators to troubleshoot connectivity issues and to implement new connections between the parties.
• Contribute to the future design of the company’s network.
• Create innovative ways to solve business problems and differentiate their services.
• Support cost effective methodologies and approaches to drive network scaling and performance.
• Responsible for accurate configuration, maintenance and modification on network platform.
• Work within other teams to drive customer solutions and value.
• Play an active role in contributing to the definition of the company’s Network Services Strategy.
• Work to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all physical and electronic information assets.
• Troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
• Undertake small and medium sized projects, liaising with the Solution Design Team.
• Help ensure that Network Documentation is kept up to date.
• As an engineer you will be not only be working through daily BAU challenges such as creating IPSEC VPNs, creating inside - outside static NATs and investigating customer connectivity issues on our internal network, but also working side by side with senior members of the team to bring future designs from high level design to project delivery.
• A successful candidate will also be able to organise his/her time, understand project requirements, be comfortable dealing with customers and have strong interpersonal and communications skills. This is a key role within the business and reports directly to the Network Manager.
• Participate in the on-call rota and provide out of hours support as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
5 GCSEs grade C or above
Cisco CCNP or above in Routing and Switching. However, a strong CCNA candidate will be considered.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• A successful candidate would ideally hold a CCNP in R&S. Strong CCNA candidates with partial CCNP will be considered. Holding a CCNA and/or CCNP in Security would be a great advantage. The candidate must have a good understanding of Data Centre design and be willing to train towards acquiring higher skills and competences toward CCIE level.
• Hardware experience: Cisco ASR, Cisco ISR, Cisco ASA, Cisco Nexus, Catalyst IOS switches, Cisco APs.
• Any wireless LAN experience would be an advantage but not vital.
• Deep understanding of some or all of the following technologies a great advantage: HSRP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, MPLS L3 VPN, IPSEC, VRF, ACL, PBR, NAT, ACLs, route-maps, prefix-lists, SSL VPN etc.
• Understanding of packet capture and protocol analysis an advantage.
• Exposure to SNMP management tools an advantage.
• Exposure to SDN an advantage.
• Any exposure to cellular Packet Core technology a great advantage; GGSN, SGSN, HLR, UGW etc.
• Requires excellent Excel, Word and Visio skills and the ability to communicate with customers both on the phone and via email.
• High attention to detail and an analytical mind attuned to spotting issues and resolving them.
The company will support this role in achieving appropriate professional qualifications such as CCNP and CCIE