|Anyone can offer you a job, WE want to offer you a future!
At Parenta we bounce ideas around, challenge the status quo, act quickly, laugh constantly and celebrate continuously!
We provide unrivalled training, marketing and business software solutions to the £5BN Childcare Industry across the UK. To support our unprecedented growth, we are currently looking to hire Software Developers to help us build robust, fit for purpose applications for Parenta’s SaaS products and internal systems.
About the role…
Your primary responsibility will be to develop applications by coordinating with colleagues working on different layers of the infrastructure and problem solving from project inception through to deployment, ensuring end goals are achieved by specified deadlines.
What do we do?
At Parenta we aim to deliver high quality software through the use of industry best practice. We are continuously improving our development techniques and welcome feedback and criticism. In this pursuit we write our software using test driven development, aiming for 100% coverage and use the technologies we believe are suited to these goals.
We try to apply the SOLID principles and OO design throughout our development which primarily consists of C#, Typescript and Angular 2. We have several projects which use older technologies that require support and eventually migration to the current technical stack. These older technologies include Angular 1, jQuery, Microsoft Web Forms, but in no way consume a majority of development time.
We don’t stick with dead technologies for the sake of consistency like a lot of companies. We value reasoned, evidence based decisions involving our technical stack. We aren’t afraid to try a new technique or technology and we aren’t afraid to drop it either.
There are several greenfield projects being planned at Parenta and you will have a chance to be involved in the process and development from the beginning through to completion. This is an extremely valuable opportunity for someone looking to expand their skills in software development.
Who will you be working with?
We have two dedicated QA staff who manually test, as well as maintain our end to end test suites. In addition to the QA team we have a designer and a business analyst. You can expect to be working closely with everyone and on a wide variety of projects. We don’t pigeon hole people to particular roles or particular projects so you can expect to get exposure to all aspects of development.
What we look for…
Primary among the things we are interested in is the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and challenges. It isn’t critical that you have experience in every piece of technology listed here but the more you are familiar with, the more beneficial it will be!
* Strong development methodologies and experience.
* Experience with the following technologies is desirable: Angular, CSS (v3), HTML5, Unit Testing (TDD – specifically).
* Good team player and able to work on own initiative.
* Proven ability of establishing strong, effective working relationships at all levels.
* Strong organisation, accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to manage complex projects.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritise under pressure.
* Strategic thinker with the ability to create and execute concrete action plans.
* Embodies the Parenta 4C’s: Connected, Committed, Challenging & Collaborative.
* Opportunity for career advancement and further learning
* Warm and friendly working environment
* Autonomy and Creative Freedom
* Passionate colleagues and great team spirit
* Up to 40k basic salary
* Excellent benefits including: Private Medical Insurance, Generous Holiday Entitlement, Childcare vouchers and profit share.
If you would like more information or have a confidential chat before submitting your application then please call Danielle Randall in the HR Department.
We look forward to having you on board!
Parenta is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people. Successful applicants for our roles must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with previous employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individual regardless of their race, gender, disability, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or age