|Energy Services – Data Analyst
Circa £25 - 35K
The candidate will take day-day responsibility around managing client energy consumption data to meet customer SLAs and shall be responsible for reporting all key events to their line manager.
The individual will be responsible for setting up data imports from a third party data aggregator and inserting this data into our regression model.
The individual will be instrumental in highlighting inefficient energy profiles based on client occupancy/operations once the BEMS / BMS System has been installed and delivered by the operations team.
The candidate shall communicate with clients to ensure that all critical M&V events are reported within our agreed SLAs.
A key part of the role shall be maintaining customer relationships through proactive analysis once our systems have been installed, with ability to produce bespoke reports when requested.
Feedback from the Energy Service Analysts to the ‘Research and Development’ team is essential to benefit customers and/or increase the efficiency of service delivery.
The individual shall create, amend, and/or validate customer reports in-line with contractual requirements within defined SLAs.
The individual will be required to assist in developing new Analytical Strategies whereby increasing the scope of the Energy services/products in a manner whereby existing customers may also benefit.
The candidate shall work as part of a team providing professional technical and analytical services to both current and future clients.
The individual shall be capable of producing client M&V plans in line with IPMVP protocols. Training will be provided.
* A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an analytical role or similar.
* Exceptional customer facing capabilities
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential (Nested functions, VLOOKUPS, PIVOT tables, VBA etc).
* A strong understanding of Microsoft is required, ideally Office 365, with ability to produce client reports in various formats e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
* Professional qualification (Degree, HNC, CMVP) or have gained equivalent experience within an energy team environment although training will be provided.
* Able to work effectively under pressure
* Objective/goal orientated
* Persuasive with effective communication skills both internally and externally
* Ability to understand and articulate key energy issues, complex analytical tasks and customer requirements when requested
* Awareness of Quality standards
* Honest and dependable
* Experience with advanced analytics tools (Power BI, Tableau etc) is desirable.
This list is not exhaustive and the candidate may be asked to carry out additional duties appropriate to the nature and scope of the position. Normal working hours shall be 9.00 am to 5.00 pm; Monday to Friday, however on occasion the candidate may be required to work additional hours to ensure client reports are completed on time.
Key Timeline for Customer Delivery:
* Request utility data from 3rd party data aggregator
* Import data into modelling tools for analysis
* Review data quality and report any non-compliance to line manager
* Review consumption profiles in-line with site surveyors
* Cross reference consumption data and agree a target figure of realistic savings
* Issue data profiles to the Commercial team if required
* Meet with client to produce an M&V plan on winning works ‘Proof of Concept Report’ prior to full ‘roll out’ delivery
* Provide data profiles to Technical Optimisation Team as required.
* Liaise with Technical Optimisation team to ensure that any ‘Factors Affecting Consumption’ is clearly defined within our reports.
* Produce reports to meet client SLAs (Usually 15th of the month, however weekly reports may apply)
* Monitor sites to ensure savings are being achieved without compromising the clients environment
* Update weekly/monthly savings tracker sheet to provide the Head of Energy Services with visibility of the client estates performance
* Update line managers of any critical alarm events
* Provide feedback to the Energy Services team on lessons learned for service improvement