|One of my Cyber Security clients based in Central Birmingham is seeking a Graduate/Junior Security Analyst to join their already established and expanding team. They work with leading, cutting edge technology and they are seeking a candidate who shares the same passion for everything cyber security related. The role will be based from their Security Operations Centre based in Central Birmingham (near New Street train station, very easily accessible from public transport).
The role would suit a career driven, smart and sharp graduate with a passion to develop their own skills and knowledge for this challenging but highly rewarding position. My client loves individuals with a real entrepreneurial spirit, ideas get heard here. If you can take your idea and turn it into a product, they want to hear from you.
On an average day, you will be dealing with incoming security incidents, resolving problems and communicating with their clients to advise them on the best course of action to resolve. Alongside this, you will receive regular training and support from Senior Analysts and Management, constantly learning and pushing your skills to the limit. You will quickly become a valued and respected member of the team.
Further duties include:
* Security incident monitoring, investigation (leverage kill chain methodology) and following incident management processes (security run books)
* Tuning rulesets and managing security technologies
* Communication with clients (email and phone) during an incident
* Cyber intelligence gathering using diamond model analysis
* Contributing to security bulletins/posts
For this role, it’s essential that you have the following skills;
* A minimum of a 2:1 in a Cyber Security related degree
* Ability to obtain Security Clearance (minimum 5 years UK residency)
* Be willing to work shifts (the client is in the process of going 24/7)
* Strong understanding of ethical hacking
* Strong understanding of networking and network security
* Knowledge of Windows and *nix operation systems
* Knowledge of Bash Scripting/Perl/Python (any experience would be highly desirable)
* Well-spoken in English, both written and spoken (you will engage with clients through both phone and email)
* Be a strong team player whilst holding excellent time management skills
Along with the essential requirements, any of the following is desirable;
* Networking certification (CCNA etc.)
* Relational DBs such as MySQL
* Experience in any of the following: SIEM/IDS/IPS/WAF/HIPS/DLP/Firwalls/Cisco/Juniper/NBA/VPNs/AV/DAM/AAA
Opportunities like this working for a reputable and established company with training and support do not come about often, so please do get in touch with me today for a confidential chat where we can discuss your requirements and expectations in further detail, along with the next steps