£70,000 per annum + benefits
This is a highly technical role with an opportunity to work in creating an environment of continuous learning and development. You will be expected to have excellent technical knowledge and experience in the areas of automated provisioning, configuration and deployment and a hunger to share your knowledge, develop yourself and find new solutions to the challenges of DevOps.
Passionate about technology particularly Chef, Docker, VMWare, Hyper V, Azure, PowerShell, git or similar products.
At home, you've got some kit that you experiment on; you're generally playing with the latest stuff, finding out where it fits in the world and how it might make life at work easier.
* Collaborate as part of our DevOps community with Scrum teams to optimise the product delivery pipeline to our customers.
* Shorten the cycle time to market through the automation and optimisation of environment provisioning, configuration, and deployment.
* Bring your energy to learning, sharing, and evolving our knowledge and capabilities in DevOps to create a rapid, seamless application delivery pipeline.
* Help us on our journey of Infrastructure as code.
Work Experience and Skills
* In-depth configuration management, automation, and scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell).
* In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (e.g., Chef, Docker, Kubernetes).
* Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (e.g., SCRUM, XP).
* Exposure to continuous integration and build tools (e.g., Jenkins)
* Use of source code version control (e.g., git (Bitbucket)).
* Linux/UNIX system administration skills with a bias toward RedHat Enterprise and Windows system administration.
* In depth knowledge of virtualisation platforms (e.g., VMWare and HyperV).
* Collaborative and problem-solving mindset, working in a multi team structure. Desirable • Good database knowledge and SQL skills (on an enterprise database such as Oracle).
* Understanding of software and infrastructure architecture including performance tuning applications, infrastructure, and databases.
* Configuration of firewalls, load balancers and other network equipment.
* Software development experience.
* Experience of application servers such as Tomcat.
* Good understanding of infrastructure and application security including Cross Site Scripting attacks and SQL injection attacks and the use of a WAF. Understanding of OWASP objectives and requirements.
* Experience with planning for Disaster Recovery.
* Commercial experience of managing complex multi-tier Java enterprise infrastructure environments.
* Exposure to ITIL and Azure