|My client, a Top Tier International firm, is recruiting for a Private Wealth Associate Solicitor to join their firm in Finsbury, London.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious tax, estates and private client tax lawyer to join and help continue to grow the award-winning private wealth practice of a prestigious international law firm. The role will be working in the private wealth team, which is strongly integrated into the firm’s wider tax practice.
The ideal candidate will already have a mixed private client and tax background, a thorough knowledge of UK taxation and a variety of experience including:
• international and domestic tax planning, trusts and estate planning for ultra-high net worth individuals and families;
• major offshore jurisdictions and vehicles, such as PTCs or reserved power trusts;
• UK inheritance tax, particularly business property relief and the relevant property rules;
• The main tax rules affecting non-UK domiciled individuals including the UK residency rules and the law of domicile; and
• A working knowledge of charities would also be helpful.
The successful candidate will be expected to have strong academics, an analytical mind, good oral and written communication skills and enthusiasm. They will be expected to contribute to business development initiatives, including anchoring the service to other significant long-term clients. Candidates must want to make this role a long-term successful one and demonstrate excellence in everything they do.
The department runs regular legal training sessions covering the core practice areas, as well as associate development centres focusing on ‘soft’ skills and business development. The tax team also runs targeted training sessions. The ongoing support and development of their associates is regarded as essential to their future growth and success.
• Clear, concise and unambiguous preparation and drafting of documentation
• Conducting legal research using internal and external knowledge management resources
• Assisting in the preparation of legal articles
• Liaison with clients under the supervision of a partner
• Developing own informal internal and external network of contacts
• Building excellent working relationships with clients and peers within Stephenson Harwood
• Attending business development and profile raising events (client seminars, graduate recruitment activities)
• Ability to acquire, consolidate and apply fundamental and up-to-date knowledge of the law
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and numerical communication skills
• Organised and able to work to strict deadlines with the ability to prioritise realistically
• Good housekeeping / file management practices; manages and records time promptly and accurately
• Resilient with the ability to handle setbacks and pressure
• A self-starter, able to work alone and within a small team
• Ambitious, keen to work in a developing department
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal and Financial Recruitment.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful